Sunday, October 20, 2013

Teaser - Stories For Amanda

Stories For Amanda will be released October 22, 2013. I'm so honored to be apart of this project.

Teaser - Wyatt's POV -



I wasn’t able to stop thinking about Skylar. I’d never seen such a beautiful girl before. That curly, long brown hair and the bluest of blue eyes were burned into my mind. The moment I saw her in the parking lot that morning, I’d known I needed to get to know her.

Then, when I saw her in my English class, something had happened. It was something that had never happened to me before. My heart had started pounding, my hands had started sweating, and I’d felt like I couldn’t catch my breath.

I walked into the lunchroom with Mike and a few other guys from the football team. I was really surprised that they were accepting me so quickly. From what my father was told, the coach had watched my games from my old high school. I was probably the best high school quarterback in New Mexico, and this high school needed a good quarterback.

I glanced over and saw that girl, Jenny, waving at me like a fool. When I looked away, I saw Skylar sitting at a table with another girl and a guy. They were sitting alone at a huge table while everyone else was crowded around two tables.

“Dude, get your lunch, and then come sit with us. Just watch out for Jenny. She’s already tried to get her claws into you once,” Mike said with a smile.

I laughed and shook my head. “Thanks, dude, but I think I’m going to go sit with Skylar.”

Mike’s smile faded. “Skylar? Skylar Woods?”

“Yep.”

“Ah, dude…I get that you’re new and everything, so I’m gonna let that one slide. You can’t hang out with Skylar.”

I instantly felt anger boiling in my blood. Holy shit. What is going on with me? Why am I getting so mad? “Why not?”

“Um…well, Skylar is, um…” Mike looked back over toward Skylar and then back at me.

I stood there, shaking my head. Does this guy even know why he’s not supposed to like this girl?

“Jacob, Wyatt wants to know why he can’t hang out with Skylar.”

Jacob laughed. “Dude, Skylar is…tainted if you know what I mean.”

I just looked at him. “No. I don’t know what you mean.”


STORIES FOR AMANDA 10-22-2013 release

1 comment:

  1. Are you the only author working on this book? And why is it called Stories for Amanda?

    ReplyDelete