Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Teaser - Broken

****Teaser Tuesday!***
Same drill as always y'all.....this has NOT been edited and is subject to change before publishing.

Broken expected release November 2013

Layton's POV

I had the strangest feeling come over me and I remembered my dream where Mike was telling me that Whitley needed my help. 
I stepped out of the shower and began drying off and then got dressed, the whole time trying to shake the bad feeling I had.
As I made my way down to the barn I kept hearing the same thing over and over in my head.
Go to her…she needs your help. She needs you to save her.
I walked into the barn and was startled to see Courtney sitting in there reading.
“Hey Court. I thought you and Mitch were heading to Enchanted Rock.”
She smiled and shook her head. “I guess something happened with a cow or a calf or something. I think Reed sent you a message on your phone. They headed to the north pasture to ‘go take care of it’. So, I thought I’d get caught up on some reading. I just can’t seem to concentrate. I’ve had the strangest feeling all today.”
I stopped saddling up Misty, my new paint horse, and turned to look at Courtney.
“What do you mean?”
She shrugged her shoulders. “It just feels like I’m being watched. I’ve felt like this for the last few days. I don’t know. Maybe I’m just worried because everything seems to be falling into place, especially for Whitley. It’s like I’m waiting for the floor to fall out from under her feet. Ya know what I mean?”
Just then Mitch and Reed came riding back in. Reed jumped off his horse and walked straight up to me.
“Dude, there was someone on the ranch.”
“What?”
“Mitch and I were in the north pasture trying to get some barb wire off a calf when I glanced up and saw a car driving, on the ranch. Mitch and I got on the horses and headed over but by the time we got there they were gone. But they had cut a hole in the fence line and you could tell they had driven in and out maybe once or twice.”
My heart started pounding. I looked at Courtney who was now standing up. “Whitley." she whispered.
I nodded my head and turned back towards Reed. “What kind of car was it?”
“Oh um… shit I don’t know. A sports car, wouldn’t you say Mitch?”
Mitch nodded and then said, “Maybe a convertible because it almost looked like the top was down.”
“Motherfucker.” It all hit me at once. “Pete Miller.”

Broken Kelly Elliott 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment