Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday Teaser from Broken!!!!


IT's Tuesday Teaser time! 
SAME DRILL Y'ALL....this has NOT been edited and is subject to change before publishing. 

Whitley's POV from the book Broken (due out mid November)


“I need to leave. I’m tired and my head is pounding.”
Courtney grabbed her purse and sighed.
“Fine. Party pooper. Let’s go home.”
 I couldn’t believe how mad I was as I started to make my way out of the bar. What in the hell was wrong with me? I felt like I wanted to just haul of and punch someone.  Stupid Layton Morris.
I stormed off and away from Courtney as I made my way towards the door. I went to walk out when the door opened and I ran smack into Layton.  
“Shit CG, watch out where you’re going sweetheart. I damn near knocked you over.” He said with that damn drop-dead smile of his.  
What an asshole! How dare he call me sweetheart after he was practically fucking that girl on the dance floor?
Fuck off you jerk.” I said as I tried to walk around him.
He laughed and said, “Whitley…I was only kidding. Are you okay?”
I looked out the door and saw Misty standing there waiting on Layton.
“Do all the cowboys in Texas take home slutty bartenders and fuck them to forget their problems? Real classy move there. Not what was I was expecting from a…what did you call yourself earlier? Oh yeah, a southern gentleman. Ha. That’s a fucking joke.”
Oh my god! Why did I just say that?
Whitley!” Courtney said as she grabbed my arm. “Sorry, Layton. I think she’s had too much to drink.”
I pulled my arm out of Courtney’s hand. “No I haven’t, Court.”
I looked at Layton and I instantly regretted my words when I saw the hurt in his eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes of his that I could get so lost in. Ugh…those stupid eyes.
Then he slowly smiled. “No, Whitley, only the fucked up cowboys who want to forget everything for a little bit take home slutty bartenders to fuck the memories away. Are all New Yorkers such nosy bitches?”
I pushed him away from me and started to walk out the door. “Fuck off asshole.”
I started out the door and looked over at Misty as she gave me a shit-eating grin. 
As I walked past her I said, “Enjoy being used sweetheart. He’s only using you for the sex. Like all men…he’s a fucked up asshole who only thinks with his dick.”
Her smile faded and I saw her look over my shoulder. I kept walking but turned around quickly and saw Layton standing there watching me.  
Shit! Shit! Shit! Why did I just do that? He’s been nothing but nice to me since I met him. Okay, maybe not nice all the time but he’s been a gentlemen and I just acted like a total bitch!
Courtney grabbed my arm once we got a bit further away as she stopped walking and spun me around to look at her.  
“Holy shit, Whit. What in the hell was that all about? How many beers did you have and what did that guy ever do to you that caused you to be such a bitch towards him?”
I felt the tears stinging my eyes as I shook my head. “I don’t know, Court. I don’t know what happened, something just snapped. Oh my god. I can’t believe I said that. I’ll never be able to show my face to him ever again.” I put my hand up to my mouth and started crying.  
“Oh honey it’s okay. You’ve had so much going on that maybe Richard telling you Layton was using that girl just for sex just pushed you over the edge. Whit, you can tell me all you want that you can’t stand the guy but I can tell you like him. Maybe not as in you want to take him home and have your wicked way with him, but you do like him. I think you might have gotten a tad bit jealous.”
I stood there and just looked at my best friend. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and put my hands on my hips. I knew she was right but no way was I admitting any feelings for Layton Morris.
“Bullshit. That’s just bullshit. I’m not the least bit jealous because I would never look at him that way.”
Courtney raised her eyebrow and looked at me like I was a five year old who was lying to her mother.
I rolled my eyes and started walking again. “Ugh. I’m going home. I’m tired, I drank to much and I didn’t even want to go out in the first place.” 

BROKEN - release date Mid November 2013 by Kelly Elliott 

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Someone is going to get a wake up call! Can't wait to see how that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is she beating herself up about? sounds like she spoke the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate getting drunk, loosens up all inhibitions. She is totally fighting the attraction, out loud anyway. What happens next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...i hope its his wake up call n starts to realize he wants something more n fulfilling with whit m she's hurt n scarred like he obviously is....who did he love that hurt n abandoned him...def some girl...he lost his bro mike but there has to be more to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing your Tuesday teasers!!!
    More Please!!

    ReplyDelete