Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How about a Teaser for Tuesday?

***TEASER TUESDAY***

Well someone sent me a messaged and said I needed to post a teaser from Broken since it's Teaser Tuesday...I'm not one to argue so here y'all go!

Same drill as always. This hasn't been edited yet and is subject to change before publication.
~~~~~
Layton's POV

I quickly glanced down at his rented convertible. I wasn’t surprised to see he had the top down.
“I guess being from Colorado this type of weather feels good for you.” I said as I gestured towards the car.
He turned to look at it and then turned back to me and smiled. “Yeah. Well, I’m also picking up my fiancĂ©. She was staying here for a bit but it’s time for her to come back home now. I’ve missed her…if you know what I mean.” He said with a wink.
I let out a laugh. “Oh hell yeah. I’m ready to see my girl tonight as well. If you know what I mean.” I said giving him a wink back. His smiled faded for a quick second before he replaced it with another look. One I wasn’t to sure how to read.
“Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know this little town.”
“How long you in town for?”
“Oh…not long. Long enough to get back what was mine and head out on the road.”

I nodded my head. I didn’t like this guy at all. Something about him was throwing up warnings in my head.

Broken by Kelly Elliott 2013

1 comment: