Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sneak peek......

Would you like a sneak peek at the beginning of A Forever Love...the prequel to Wanted.????

Just remember it has not been edited and is subject to change before publishing.....

I sat down at the kitchen table and looked at all of them. Ten faces staring back at me and my beautiful bride.
“So?” Ari said as she wiggled her eye brows up and down.
“So…what?” I asked as I flashed them all a smile. I knew what they all had come over for. “You’re all kid free tonight and you’re sitting here with two old people.”
“Speak for yourself. You’re as old as you feel and honestly I feel like I’m only fifty,” Emma said as she sat down next to me, but not before she kissed me softly on the cheek.
“Oh don’t play innocent with us. I think we’ve all waited long enough to hear the ultimate love story. Come on, Gramps, you once told me that your and Grams love was a forever love. Spill it.” Gunner said as he glanced at Ellie and then back at me.
“Now why do y’all want to hear our story?” I asked as I raised my eyebrow at them.
Ari let out a laugh. “Please. I know you two still keep a quilt in the back of your truck old man. There’s a reason you have a sixth sense when it comes to sex.”
“Ari!” Ellie, Heather and Amanda said at the same time. I chuckled as Emma reached over and grabbed my hand. I peeked over at her and when she smiled at me my heart skipped a beat. It took me back over fifty years to that one moment when I realized I’d do whatever it took to see that smile every day for the rest of my life.
“Well I can tell ya one thing, this woman sitting here put up one hell of a fight,” I said as I winked at Emma.
“I was just playing hard to get, that’s all.” Emma said as she looked at the kids.
“Gramps, tell us what it felt like the first time you saw Grams.” Gunner said with a slight smile.
I let out a chuckle. “Y’all want a story huh?”
“Yes!” They all said at once, making Emma and I both start laughing. I glanced over at Emma and she nodded her head.
“Well if we’re going to tell this story I need a beer and a sweet tea,” I said as I watched Ellie and Ari both jump up and scramble to get the drinks. My sweet Ellie handed me a beer and flashed her beautiful smile at me. Oh how she reminds me of my Emma. Ari placed a sweet tea down in front of me and another in front of Emma.
I took a drink and looked around at each of them. I loved them all like they were my own and my dream was for them to have the kind of love that Emma and I had been blessed with.
“I’ll never forget the first time I ever laid eyes on Emma Rose Birk. I’m pretty sure my heart stopped beating and I fought like hell to catch my breath.” I closed my eyes and could still see her piercing grey eyes staring back into mine…like it happened just moments ago.
“It was nineteen fifty five and I was sixteen……………”

A Forever Love - copyright 2014 Kelly Elliott Releasing spring 2014

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Just that little bit and I xqan already tell I am going to love this book. Can't wait!

      Delete
    2. YAY! I can't wait to share it with y'all!
      Kel

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for this book. I think their story will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly having fun writing it!!!!

      Hugs
      Kel

      Delete
  3. Oh this is gonna be so good! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete